CALL FOR INTERVIEWEES on TRANS PARENTHOOD
Transgender Europe (TGEU) is preparing a report on the experiences of trans parents when wanting to exercise their right to freedom of movement within the EU. This includes moving between countries for work, education, or other reasons, traveling with children, going on holiday, etc. Even if you only considered any of the above we want to hear from you!
TGEU would like to conduct brief interviews with:
- Trans parents, guardians, caretakers who want to share their experiences on this topic
- Local groups or organisations, who work on issues relating to trans parenthood
- Others, who have resources, experiences, or testimonies to share
Please fill out this form by 5 December if you would like to participate!
TGEU will use the information gathered from the interviews to write a brief report on the experiences of trans parents with regard to exercising their freedom of movement in the EU. We will use the report to advocate for better protection of trans families in the EU. Please note that this study focuses only on freedom of movement, but we hope to do a broader study in the future.
What TGEU would like to know:
- What do trans parents, living in the EU, need to be able to move freely, without discrimination or violence?
- Can trans parents safely cross borders?
- Are they recognised in their gender identity on their child’s birth certificate?
- What other issues do they face?
The interviews are informal and you can participate anonymously.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE SHARE THIS CALL WIDELY IN YOUR NETWORKS!